Who do we target with this grouper?
- Medical residents
- Medical specialists
- Nurses which are responsible for completing the codes
- Medical registrars
- Personnel responsible for the reporting of DRG
What is it?
- This tool is a calculator of the relative values, based on DRG group.
- Based on the diagnoses introduced by medical personnel, this tool calculates the relative value individually for each case discharged from the hospital.
- This application contains updated databases for both procedures and diagnoses.
- This is a helpful tool for medical staff to be kept informed about conferences, workshops, seminars and health-care presentations.
What is not?
- This tool is not intended to replace the responsibilities of the medical personnel of diagnosing and accurate coding.
- At this point uploading, the patient’s databases are not available.
- oes not provide information regarding the CaseMix index – CMI – CMI is calculated as an average of the relative values discharged over a certain period of time, from all the acute-care sections of the hospital unit.
- Does not provide information about DRG funding – The DRG funding (for continuous hospitalization in acute cases) uses a regulated formula by the rules of implementation of the frame agreement and includes other parameters in addition to CMI, such as classification and number of discharges from the acute section of the hospital unit.
- Does not provide information about the nominal value for cases at discharge. –Theoretically, to calculate the income generated by a discharged case you can use a formula VR x TCP x P – where VR is the relative value, TCP – cost per case of the hospital unit, governed by the rules of the frame agreement – and P – penalty depending on the classification of the hospital – between 1 and 5 (90% -60%). The application, however, does not use such information, they were not relevant to its purpose.
- DRGrouper does not require and does not store the personal data of the patients, such as identification data, data regarding the medical history or other information that might identify the patient or the hospitalization episode.
- We consider there must be free access to such an instrument as it does all over Europe.
- We consider that the use of such an instrument will also benefit the quality of reporting in the entire health care system.
- Because we understand the medical personnel and we address exclusively them.